One of biggest mistakes people make, in fact, most of them, is to never stretch as part of their fitness and weight loss program. What they don’t realize is that stretching is going to make their muscles more susceptible to the cardio workout, helping them to burn more fat.
Watch this video by the Insane Home Fat Loss Team and discover ten stretches that you will benefit from doing before and after your stair stepper workout.
- Hamstring stretch
- Three way ‘V’ stretch, for your inner thighs – stretch to the middle, the left and the right side
- Hip Flexor stretch – right knee down and then swap to the right
- Groin stretch – squat down and push your knees outwards with your elbows
- Quadriceps stretch – stand on one foot and pull the other leg up behind you, then swap legs
- Cross arm stretch – start out with some arms swings, then hold one arm straight across your body – then swap arms
- Overhead stretch – to stretch your triceps muscles, one are up and bent over behind your head – then swap arms
- Head rolls and neck stretch
- Back and abs stretch – lie flat on the floor, face down, then lift your head up coming up onto your hands
- Calf stretch – place your toes on the bottom of a wall, then swap feet
- Hold these stretches for around 10 – 20 seconds each
Stretching will help you to burn more calories on your stair stepper, plus they will help you to tone all the muscles in your body keeping you more supple during normal, daily activity. You may find yourself walking easier as a result. I know if I don’t stretch every day, my legs get tight and really notice walking up stairs is that much harder.