Here are a benefits you will get of regularly exercising on a stepper.
- You will burn calories
- You will improve muscle tone in your legs
- You will burn fat & lose weight
- You will have more self confidence
- You can improve your balance and stability
- You could improve your gait (the way you walk)
- You will start to look better than you ever looked before (when you also eat a nutritionally high diet)
- You will improve your cardiovascular health
- You will feel fitter
- You will have more energy, after you’ve lost fat & improved cardio health
- You will improve your longevity (how long you live) by losing weight and becoming fit
- You will feel more sexy than every before (because you’ll be fitter and healthier)
- You will attract the opposite sex a lot more (if you want to!)
- You will improve your self-esteem (if you suffer from low self-esteem)
- You will sleep better, require less sleep and still feel great
If that list is not enough reasons for you to hop on your stair stepper right now, then I don’t know what is! But, if you don’t already have one of these unique fitness machines, you can check out our stair stepper buyers guide and you will be guided through choosing the right model for your budget and your requirements.
As you can see, using a stair stepper has many clear benefits from the aerobic exercise they provide. They can help you with weight loss, help you to get fit and by exercising on one regularly, will improve your cardiovascular and overall health.
What are the Benefits of Improving Your Health?
Sadly, there is a (western) world epidemic of obesity. But this is an entirely preventable disease. If everybody was aware of the benefits of living a healthier lifestyle – by eating correctly and exercising regularly, there would be less chronic diseases which are associated with obesity and an increased mortality rate throughout the entire population.
Let’s compare a healthy person to a relatively unhealthy person.
- A healthy person has more energy
- A healthy person has improved muscular function and strength
- A healthy person has improved muscle tone and definition
- A healthy person has more vitality and improved well being
- A healthy person is more muscularly flexible
- A healthy person can walk quicker without getting tired
- A healthy person has lower stress and less anxiety
- A healthy person is generally more tolerant with other people
- A healthy person is more likely to live longer than an unhealthy person
And now an unhealthy/overweight person.
- An unhealthy person is easily fatigued
- An unhealthy person (usually) lacks strength
- An overweight person does not have toned muscles
- An overweight person is usually quite lethargic
- An unhealthy person is not very flexible
- An overweight person cannot walk quickly without the need for short breaks
- Unhealthy people generally suffer higher levels of stress and easily become anxious
- An unhealthy person often feels bad about themselves, lacks confidence and self esteem
- An unhealthy person usually requires more sleep
- An overweight person is often immobilized
Again, that is a huge list of reasons why you should be living a healthy lifestyle.
And through personal experience, I have learned a great deal about ‘healthy V’s unhealthy’ ways of living life. When I was overweight a few moons ago and eating an unhealthy diet, I lacked one of the most important aspects of my life. It became so traumatic until I finally reached my threshold. Reaching your ‘threshold’ simply means that you reach a point in your life, that you are so unhappy – that you MUST make a change to your current actions. (1)
My threshold was not being able to run around with my 3 year old daughter and play the games that she wanted to play. This drove enough pain inside of me, that I decided to make huge changes to how I was living at the time.
And now, I do. I bought a budget stepper machine (which is a really bad thing to do, because it broke after about six weeks), and I started exercising at home and looking after myself by eating a low calorie, nutrition rich diet. If you are not sure about budget steppers V’s quality steppers check out our buyers guide (link above).
Exercise and Your Cardiovascular Health
Just improving your cardiovascular health has tremendous benefits for you. Here are just a few of them (2):
- Help to prevent heart related diseases like heart attacks, angina and high blood pressure
- Help reduce the risk of strokes
- Help to reduce cholesterol
- Reduce risk of type II diabetes
- Fight obesity
Getting any amount of cardiovascular exercise is good for you. Even just a fifteen minute walk every day is better than sitting on your sofa and watching TV. But getting an increased amount of exercise on a home fitness machine like a stair stepper is a safe and fun way to really improve your cardiovascular health, by taking things one step further. You will make your heart and lungs do more work which means all kinds of good things for your body.
It increases blood flow to your brain and your other major organs, delivering more oxygen where it is needed. This increased flow of blood and oxygen around your body will help to reduce the threat of many major health problems, fending off diseases like heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity. (3)(4)(5)
Stair Steppers are a Low Impact Exercise Which is Great For Your Knees
A stepper is easy to use. You just get on and start stepping! It’s that simple.
And because your feet are constantly on the foot plates, meaning they never leave a step like they do if you were walking up stairs, they are very much a low impact workout. This low impact exercising is smooth and the actual ‘stop and return’ motion is not a jolt or a sudden stop in movement.
Muscle Toning Benefits of a Stair Stepper
After a few short weeks of regularly exercising on a stair stepper, your leg muscles will get stronger and more toned. If you don’t already have one and want to know what muscles you will be working on one of these great little machines, go and climb up your stairs a few times (be careful of your knees though)!
The tightening feelings in your upper legs, your hip muscles, buttocks and your calf muscles, is replicated when using a stepper, mini stepper or any type of elliptical trainer. In no time at all, you will realize the benefits of using one of these nifty little machines at home.
Fat Loss Benefits of a Stair Stepper
The aerobic and cardio benefits of frequent workouts on any kind of stepper are great for fat loss. We touched on this briefly, above. But mind you, you must be eating a healthy diet along with performing your exercise – you can’t add exercise to your daily routine and expect to start losing weight if you are eating a poor diet! Exercise and weight loss does not work that way, which is one of the reasons many people get disappointed when they don’t see the scales telling them smaller numbers!
When you follow an exercise program (which may accompany your new purchase), you will lose weight.
30 to 60 minutes a day is all it takes to burn calories and lose the fat. And if you want to lose it faster, and in less time, then more intermediate and advanced users may want to try HIIT training on a stair stepper. HIIT (high intensity interval training) is explained on our home page, for information.